Friday, January 9, 2009

Designing levels is NOT easy.

Over the past few days I have been discovering how difficult it is to design levels. Maybe I should rephrase that, designing GOOD levels is difficult. I think I have spent more time trying to come up with unique fun levels than I have on coding. It has been an experience to say the least. If anyone has some tips or good reading on the subject please let me know.

Hopefully I will have a demo version ready for next Monday. It won't be feature complete as I still have a couple of items left on my list to finish off before releasing the full version. Not to mention I need to finish designing all the levels and then order them via difficulty. While Amazed was designed as a tech demo that got popular overnight, Amazed 2 has been designed to be a real game from the beginning. I am looking forward to people's feedback once the demo is ready.

No comments: